In the footsteps of giants
Wednesday 12 October 2016
The Gladstone Engineering Alliance (GEA) has recognised three local individuals for their contributions to local industry at the Annual GEA Industry Awards.
Patrice Brown, Director of CQG Consulting, won the Forty Calis Memorial Award, Joe Austin General Manager for Prime Rentals received the Wayne Peachey Award, and Rennie Fritschy, former CQ University Chancellor was inducted into the GEA Hall of Fame alongside other luminaries such as Cyril Golding, Colin Walz and Bob McCosker.
GEA CEO Carli Homann said Mr Fritchy’s induction recognised a big contribution to the development of Gladstone industry.
“Rennie has had a distinguished career spanning the alumina, nickel, petrochemical and textile industries, and as the Chancellor of CQ University,” she said.
“He has held numerous Chief Executive and Managing Director roles, including eight years as the Managing Director of Queensland Alumina Limited.
“He served as Chancellor of CQ University for 12 years, and during this time he worked tirelessly to improve access to higher education for people in regional and remote areas.“We were very pleased to have Rennie join us for the award ceremony so we could honour his significant contributions to our region.”
- 100 jobs to go Wednesday 08 March 2017
- 2017 at a glance - Coking Coal Wednesday 11 January 2017
- 2017 at a glance - CSG Wednesday 11 January 2017
- Gladstone back to basics Wednesday 04 January 2017
- First three months looking good Wednesday 21 December 2016
- 200th boat for QGC Wednesday 21 December 2016
- $20k helps young local into a job Wednesday 07 December 2016
- $7m coalfields contract out to tender Wednesday 30 November 2016
- Death from above Wednesday 23 November 2016
- Record coal price Wednesday 16 November 2016