Gladstone back to basics
Wednesday 04 January 2017
The Gladstone Engineering Alliance is the latest business organisation to detect increased confidence among its members this year as global commodity prices improve across the board.
While Gladstone’s economic well-being depends on the prices of a suite of commodities including, Aluminium, Bauxite, LNG, and of course the cost of power - it's the coal prices that are sparking confidence in the post LNG boom era.
GEA CEO Carli Homann said the organisation is planning a program of events and workshops for 2017 to continue building and promoting the capability and capacity of the Gladstone local supply chain.
“We are so busy in our office at the moment, with the rising coal price and major project announcements like the approval of the Adani project, there is increased confidence in the resources sector,” she said.
“ We’re seeing lots of positive news and signs of hope with smaller projects getting off the ground and we want to make sure our members can capitalise on these upcoming opportunities.
“In 2017 along with our regular events we are planning workshops for our members on topics including pitching to major resource companies and improving public speaking skills.
“I’m also pleased to announce that our very successful Gladstone Resource Industry Supply Chain Expo will be returning in April to showcase Gladstone’s highly skilled supply chain to major resource companies and the public.”
In Gladstone, the non-resident population fell to around 1000 late last year down about 72% from where it was in June 2015. This number will approach zero this year as all major LNG construction projects are completed.
- 100 jobs to go Wednesday 08 March 2017
- 2017 at a glance - CSG Wednesday 11 January 2017
- 200th boat for QGC Wednesday 21 December 2016
- $20k helps young local into a job Wednesday 07 December 2016
- In the footsteps of giants Wednesday 12 October 2016
- Costs still in free-fall Wednesday 13 July 2016
- Maintenance picture forms in Gladstone Wednesday 29 June 2016
- Kimberley coast to Gladstone $2 Wednesday 15 June 2016
- Gas boom still on its way Wednesday 18 May 2016
- Beef injection Wednesday 02 March 2016