75% of wells still to be drilled
Tuesday 09 August 2016
PEAK agricultural lobby group, Agforce, will continue a training program for another year which helps their members to negotiate with resource companies in Queensland.
Ironically, the program is significantly funded by the Queensland resources sector itself, with other funding coming from the Queensland Government and Agforce.
According to Agforce, more than 5000 landholders have participated in the program so far, but CSG Project Leader Daniel Phipps has warned farmers the current lull in the sector will not last forever.
"With the coal seam gas industry moving from the construction phase into production, landholders may be under the impression they no longer need to remain informed about the industry," he said.
"However, with the number of wells in the Surat Basin expected to reach between 18,000 to 40,000 over the life of the industry, and with about 6000 production wells currently drilled, we strongly encourage landholders to remain aware of their rights and responsibilities.
"We want to ensure landholders are as informed as possible to protect their properties, their businesses and their livelihoods."
Brigid Price of 'Hillyvale' in the Arcadia Valley said her attendance at an Advanced CSG negotiation preparation workshop in Injune had made her much better prepared.
"The assistance and advice were invaluable, and we have been able to move forward and negotiate from a much stronger position as a result,” she said.
“We have been able to move past the feeling that the situation is not fair, and now focus on what is a reasonable compensation.”
- More money flowing back into CSG Wednesday 01 March 2017
- Surat springing back to life Wednesday 15 February 2017
- Shot in the arm for Roma Wednesday 01 February 2017
- 2017 at a glance - CSG Wednesday 11 January 2017
- 200th boat for QGC Wednesday 21 December 2016
- Charlie peaking Wednesday 16 November 2016
- Charlie on schedule Wednesday 14 September 2016
- A rare greenfield announcement Wednesday 07 September 2016
- It’s good technology but sorry Wednesday 24 August 2016
- FIFO flat-lining in Surat Wednesday 15 June 2016