200th boat for QGC
Wednesday 21 December 2016
The recently built Central Queensland gas industry is moving closer to a mature phase with QGC selling its 200th shipload of LNG in the last week.
The ship, Gaslog Gibraltar, arrived in Gladstone last Tuesday and about 15 Gladstone based QGC staff loaded the ship within 24 hours.
Vice President of QGC Tony Nunan, said the joint venture was proud that it had been able to make such a significant contribution to Queensland’s regional economy.
“This 200th export cargo shows that workers living in regional Queensland can be part of a reliable and successful export project that supplies gas to overseas customers, all while selling Queensland gas to Victoria and New South Wales,” he said.
“Jobs exporting energy, food and fibre are the Australian jobs of the future, and the success of Shell’s QGC project is just one example of these new industries.”
QGC’s liquid natural gas plant on Curtis Island produces enough LNG to load around 10 vessels a month, which equates to around 8 million tonnes a year. The boats also use the LNG as fuel.
The achievement follows a significant milestone for QGC’s gas gathering network in the Surat Basin in November, when their Charlie project west of Wandoan reached peak construction activity.
The Charlie Project is the state’s only significant gas related construction project, and will expand QGC's coal seam gas supplies - which already have started to plateau.
It involves the construction of around 350 gas wells, creating more than 1000 construction jobs. The $1.7 billion project is on track to finish sometime late next year, falling within the planned two-year time frame.
- Miles of gas Wednesday 22 March 2017
- 100 jobs to go Wednesday 08 March 2017
- More money flowing back into CSG Wednesday 01 March 2017
- Surat springing back to life Wednesday 15 February 2017
- Shot in the arm for Roma Wednesday 01 February 2017
- 2017 at a glance - CSG Wednesday 11 January 2017
- Gladstone back to basics Wednesday 04 January 2017
- $20k helps young local into a job Wednesday 07 December 2016
- Charlie peaking Wednesday 16 November 2016
- In the footsteps of giants Wednesday 12 October 2016