Want To Advertise
The right campaign
You wouldn't be reading this if you didn't understand the importance of the mining community to the Australian economy and your business. So you've already taken the first step. The second step to a successful campaign in the mining sector is knowing who you want to talk to. The mining community is a massive consumer of everything from diesel and heavy machinery to investment properties, motorbikes and holiday rentals. Our readership is diverse, that's why we offer advertisers a spectrum of online, print and mobile media platforms so your message is in front of the right eyes.
- Print is a great medium that allows you to talk to your market when they are in the mood and have the time to listen.
- Shift Miner is the only fully audited magazine that reaches this market.
- Audited print circulation 7000 fortnightly (CAB audit Sept 2012) with a readership greater than 30,000.
- Shift Miner mobile - The smartphone application provides timely and interactive avenues for advertising. Ideal for reaching the tech savvy and younger demographic with high disposable income.
- The WINO news service (Wednesday's Industrial News Online) - Our premium news service with 3700 registered users weekly. Your avenue to reach the inboxes of key decision makers within the industry.
- Shift Miner website - With 15,000 page impressions per month and the average time on site 12 minutes, our website reaches a broad spectrum of users who are already in the industry or on the outside and looking in.
- 50 exclusive display advertising panels connected to our distribution boxes.
- We've done the hard work, now you can advertise in areas you could never hope to before, including airports and mining camp messes.
Click to enlarge
For all advertising inquiries call
Angus Peacocke on (07) 4921 4333 or
Mining at a glance
According to the Queensland Resources Council, one in every five dollars and one in every eight jobs is generated by the Queensland mining and gas sector.
More than 55,000 people are employed across the sector and they earn on average $130,000 a year.
There are more than 70 operating coal mines and 66 proposed new developments in Queensland. The CSG industry has defied the recent global turmoil, with both exploration and development activity remaining strong.
Our readers at a glance
- Nearly 55,000 people are directly employed in coal and gas in the Bowen Basin, Surat Basin and Gladstone.
- Average income $130,000 pa.
- 20% are aged between 25-34, 20% are aged between 34-44 and nearly 20% of miners are within 5 years of retirement.
- 94% are men.
- 55% of mining families have children and about 10% of miners are separated or divorced.
- In the Bowen Basin, between a third and a half of coal miners are DIDO or FIFO (although it is the fastest growing lifestyle choice).
- In the Surat Basin, more than 70% of the workforce are DIDO or FIFO.
- The key regional council areas for the coal sector are Mackay, Whitsunday, Rockhampton, Central Highlands, Banana and Isaac.
- The key regional councils in the gas sector are Gladstone, Western Downs, Toowoomba and the Maranoa.